2014 Eportfolio Forum and Workshops – Call for proposals closes on 19 May
Forum hashtag: #eportforum
The call for proposals for the 2014 Eportfolio Forum and Workshops (#eportforum) closes on Monday 19 May.
The Eportforum will be held on 1-2 October at La Trobe University, (Bundoora Campus), Melbourne,.
Submissions should be 150 words or less on one or more of the following themes:
- Eportfolio use in formal education
- Eportfolio use beyond formal education
- Eportfolio use from the user’s or learner’s perspective
- Eportfolio learning design and implementation
Proposals which do not fall under these themes may also be submitted but a justification of how the proposal complements the Forum theme should be included.
ePortfolios Australia webinars – save the dates
The Eportforum Organising Committee have also been working hard to bring you two free eportfolio webinars on the following themes:
- 17 June – 4.30 pm EST – ‘Eportfolios and Employability’
- 2 September – 4.30 pm EST – Eportfolio use in schools
Please save these dates in your diary. More information to follow soon.
Other Eportfolio events and activities
- Mahara UK 2014 – 17-18 July– http://maharauk.org/
- ePIC 2014 – 9-11 July – http://www.europortfolio.org/resources/events/epic-2014-evidence-based-learning
- Europortfolio – http://www.europortfolio.org/
- AAEEBL and their partners host various eportfolio events and activities throughout the year – for more information go to: http://www.aaeebl.org/events/event_list.asp
- Mahara User Group Meeting: 9 May – https://www.facebook.com/groups/maharausergroup/
Can you help with furthering some eportfolio research in the VET sector?
The paper entitled “Case studies in e-RPL and e-PR” (Cameron, 2014) was recently published in the Australian Journal of Adult Learning, and explores the use of eportfolios in the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector for recognition of prior learning (e-RPL) and for professional recognition (e-PR) using a conceptual framework developed by Cameron in 2012.
In order to further this research, co-authors, Ros Cameron and Allison Miller, are seeking further case studies in the use of eportfolios in Australia to gain:
- Professional Accreditation
- Workplace Recognition
- Access and
- Self Recognition
If you are using eportfolios for yourself and/or with others (either students or colleagues) any these areas, please contact Allison Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other eportfolio news
Here is the latest news about eportfolio activity:
- Latest International Journal of ePortfolio – the latest edition of the International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) is now available at: http://www.theijep.com/current.cfm
- Digital Credentialing OLT Commissioned Project – How might technologies enable additional learning credentialling methods, so that: students are encouraged to create and curate rich evidence of their learning; educators have richer ways to warrant and credential such evidence; and providers can test new business models associated with credentialling? – Find out more about this project at the Assuring Graduate Capabilities website.
Please share your eportfolio good news and stories by emailing email@example.com