2015 Eportfolio Forum and Workhops Program released
The program for the 2015 Eportfolio Forum and Workshops (#eportforum) being held on 30 September– 1 October at Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Campus, Perth, Western Australia has now been released.
2015 Eportfolio Forum – 30 September 2015 will involve
- Keynote speaker: Tracy Penny-Light, Executive Director, Centre for Student Engagement and Learning Innovation, Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- Plenary Panel discussion: How can an online profile help people stand out from the crowd?
- 8 – Short (45 min) workshops
- 14 – 20×20 presentations
- 6 – facilitated conversations
- 3 – posters (more poster submissions can be accepted)
2015 Eportfolio Workshops – 1 October 2015 will involve half-day, hands-on workshops.
2015 Eportfolio Forum and Workshops registration fees:
- Forum – $180 for participants / $150 for presenters
- Workshops – $80 for one half-day workshop / $140 for two half-day workshops
Free webinar: Eportfolio Leaders Q&A Forum – 12 August – Register now
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee invite you to their next free eportfolio webinar on 12 August at 5.00 pm AEST.
This webinar will take a ‘question and answer (Q&A) forum’ approach, where key eportfolio leaders will share ways they have overcome barriers to eportfolio use, and then answer your questions on this topic.
Current panelists include:
- Heather Pate, Learning Designer, Edith Cowan University
- Julie Seaman, Blended eLearning Solutions Academic Experience Manager, Box Hill Institute.
- Christine Slade, Academic Developer (ePortfolios), University of the Sunshine Coast
Lots of PebblePad events to put in your diary
Registrations are now open for the PebblePad SPA Australian Launch, Show, Tell and Play Day to be held on 29 September (the day before the 2015 Eportforum at Edith Cowan University, Perth). Please note that places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
They have also annouced the date for PebbleBash 2016, PebblePad’s biennial international conference. This event will be held in the UK (venue TBA) on 12-14 September 2016. Mark this in your diaries NOW and start planning your 2016 overseas travel.
Mahara Hui UK 2015 – call for proposals now open
Mahara Hui UK will be held at Southampton Solent University Conference Centre (UK) on 9-10 November 2015. You have until 13 September to submit your proposal. Registrations are also now open
Other Eportfolio news
- If you couldn’t get to the recent “Planning for using ePortfolio in a discreet unit of study: exploring assessment and evidence.“ webinar –click here to view the recording.
- AAEEBL 2015 Annual Conference is on right now. You can follow what’s happening via the#AAEEBL15 Twitter hashtag
Other Eportfolio events and activities
- 2015 Eportfolio Forum and Workshops – 30 Sept-1 Oct 2015 – Perth – Registrations now open
- PebblePad Workshop – 29 Sept 2015 – Perth
- Mahara Hui UK – 9-10 November 2015– Solent University – Call for proposals close 13 September
- ePIC 2016 – TBC
- AAEEBL 2015 Annual Conference – Boston – 27-30 July 2015
- AAEEBL – various events throughout the year
Other Eportfolio communities of practice
- Eportfolio Communities of Practice Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/145961032117370/
- Moodle-Mahara Meetup Facebook Group – – https://www.facebook.com/groups/moodlemaharameetup/
- Pebblepad User Group – https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/PebblePad
- Europortfolio – http://www.europortfolio.org/
Please share your eportfolio good news and stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and forward on this email to others who you think would be interested in this information