Professor Shelley Kinash to keynote 2017 Eportfolio Forum
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to annouce that Professor Shelley Kinash will keynote the 2017 Eportfolio Forum (#eportforum).
Eportforum will be held on 20-21 September at Monash College and University, Melbourne.
Shelley will share “What we know about Employability, Student Experience & Student Evaluation of Teaching from National Research and How ePortfolios can have Impact”
Please contact Allison for more information or any questions – 0400 732 270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 May Eportfolio Webinar Resources – Evidence based practice / reflection against outcomes eg professional standards
Resources for the first webinar on Evidence based practice / reflection against outcomes eg professional standards held on Tuesday 30 May 2017 are now available.
This webinar showcased how eportfolios can be used to evidence outcomes such as professional standards.
- John Kertesz, University of Tasmanis
- Terry Young & Kate Mitchell, La Trobe University
Latest PebblePad webinar: Getting portfolio-based learning at scale: top-down and bottom-up approaches
- Joy Robbins, Lecturer in Academic Development (PDP), Centre for Educational Development, University of Bradford
- Technology & Innovation (ASTI), Plymouth UniversityEmma Purnell, Senior Learning Technologist, Academic Support,
Emma will talk about the initial implementation of a university-wide project, the Plymouth Compass Portfolio (including reflections on HEAR extra-curricular activities), which aims to give every student the opportunity to engage in portfolio-based learning. She will present initial evidence outlining the extent to which this approach can push change in learning culture from the bottom up by encouraging the students to drive engagement.
Joy will talk about the creation and ongoing implementation of a faculty-wide policy on PebblePad use which aims to get every undergraduate programme to start or enhance their use of portfolio-based learning. She will present initial evidence on how this creates change from the top down by supporting and pushing staff to engage.
This webinar will encourage participants to broaden their focus from portfolios at a module or programme level to thinking about the larger landscape of the university, ideally incorporating a combination of these two approaches.
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Latest issue (May 2017) of the International Journal of ePortfolio is now available, featuring Jennifer Munday, Charles Sturt University, Jennifer Rowley, University of Sydney and Patsie Polly, University of New South Wales
- Take part in a live discussion 29th June on e-Portfolios & share good practices – Open Education EU
- The recording of the May PebblePad webinar ‘Authentic Learning by Design‘, presented
by Robert Fleisig from McMaster University, is now available