The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to announce the second of two free webinars for 2018 entitled Eportfolio research – both in Australia and
overseas. This webinar will be held on Wednesday 8 August 2018.
Our presenters and their topics include:
- Dr Kathryn Coleman, University of Melbourne and Associate Professor Patsie Polly, UNSW Sydney – Highlight Tour: Global Tales of ePortfolio research and practice in Australia and internationally
- Associate Professor Stephen Isbel, University of Canberra and Dr Misty Kirby, Charles Sturt University – Researching ePortfolios in Higher Education: The Process, Pitfalls and Epiphanies
Click here for more information and to register for this event or to register for the webinar recording and resources if you cannot make the event. Please forward on this email to other people you think might be interested in this webinar.
2018 Eportfolio Forum – Registrations are open!
Registrations for the 2018 Eportfolio Forum (Eportforum) to be held on 9-10 October 2018 at Griffith University, South Bank Campus, Brisbane are now open.
This two day form is packed with interactive sessions which enable new and experienced eportfolio supporters to get some ‘hands-on’ experience on how to use eportfolios in education and beyond.
Please contact Allison for more information or any questions regarding the 2018 Eportfolio Forum – 0400 732 270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahara resources and news
- Mahoodle for Digital Assessment Report by Sam Taylor – Report with some videos of the recent Mahara and Moodle event all about digital assessment
- Mahara Hui 2017 Report by Thorben Egberts (Written in German-Google translation available) – Via Kristina Hoeppner’s Everything Mahara Diigo Social Bookmarking Group – https://groups.diigo.com/group/everything-mahara
- Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst IT who manage the Mahara Open Source platform would like to know – What do you think about the proposed changes to the structure of the Mahara navigation? https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8294
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and these resources:
- Recording of the PebblePad Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting held on 21 June – focussed on resources being created to support WIL processes:
– Laurie Murphy from the College of Business, Law and Governance at James Cook University shared two resources
– a template called the ‘Activities Diary and Reflective Template’ used
in an intern subject to keep track of students logging hours
– a group project workbook for work with an industry partner
– Terri Downer from the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine at the University of the Sunshine Coast also shared three resources:
– their original Midwifery Practice Experience workbook (450 – 500 pages) – this has now been broken down into six different workbooks
– Neonatal Care Experiences workbook, one of their new smaller workbooks (and one of the associated experience worksheets)
– WIL ‘Australian Midwifery Standards Assessment Tool’ workbook, with associated feedback templates.
The recording of the session is available for 30 days.
Click here if you would like to join the WIL SIG
(via Alison Poot, PebblePad User Group)
- Call for proposals for the 10th Annual Forum on Digital Learning and ePortfolios – ePORTFOLIOS AND THE VALUE OF HIGHER EDUCATION – Celebrating 10 Years of AAC&U’s ePortfolio Forum – Saturday, January 26, 2019 – Hyatt Regency Hotel / Atlanta, Georgia – Call for proposals close 25 July 2018