The Call for Proposals to present at the 2019 Eportfolio Forum closes shortly on 17 June so don’t miss out – get yours in now!!
2019 Eportfolio Forum (Eportforum) will be held on on 20-21 November 2019 at Australian Catholic University (ACU), Canberra Campus (Signadou).
Please share this news with your networks by forwarding on this email or via social media (#eportforum)
Please contact Allison for more information or any questions regarding the 2019 Eportfolio Forum – 0400 732 270 or email@example.com
Free webinar resources – Digital / Micro-credentialing and badges
This webinar held in May showcased the use of digital/micro-credentialing and badges in Australia.
- Professor Patsie Polly, UNSW
- Dr Trina Jorre De St Jorre, Deaking University
- Michelle Pedlow, Edith Cowan University
A second webinar will be on Wednesday 4 September – 4.30-5.30 pm AEST – on the theme of The interplay between portfolios, social media and digital identity. Registrations will open shortly – but put the date in your diary now!!
Please let us know if you can present on this topic or know someone who can present on this topic.
New resource: Blended Learning Designs in STEM Higher Education: Putting Learning First
This new resource about the use of new technologies (including PebblePad) in STEM is now available.
Sustaining quality teaching and learning in STEM and finding and sustaining quality learning and teaching practice in STEM can be difficult, particularly when it involves a new technology. Finding examples within STEM to support sustained growth can be almost impossible.
In 2017, Griffith University implemented a university-wide adoption of PebblePad. To facilitate this implementation, Griffith Sciences instituted a blended learning fund to find and support initiatives utilising PebblePad and other technologies.
The Blended Learning Designs in STEM Higher Education book provides some results of that initiative.
The book provides a professional learning framework that can be used to implement blended learning technologies such as PebblePad, in Higher Education in an authentic way. It offers a set of learning principles to inform the design of learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
These principles, coupled with a range of PebblePad initiatives and case studies across STEM disciplines, provide a rich suite of resources to support educators to adopt or adapt them to their own context.
This book is unique in that it provides a snapshot of one university (Griffith University) and one implementation of a new technology (PebblePad) within a STEM context. It documents the “grass roots” initiatives of STEM practitioners and the blended learning designs that have organically grown throughout this process.
For more information on the model used and some examples of the practice see:
- Griffith Sciences Blended Learning Model
- Blended Learning Designs in STEM Higher Education: Putting Learning First
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Share your Mahara story in the next Mahara newsletter. Deadline for submissions is 26 June 2019 – Information sourced via Kristina Hoeppner
- The Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) ePortfolio Review (AePR) invites you to submit articles and reports covering the broad area of ePortfolio uses – Submissions close on 24 July – Information sourced via Kathryn Coleman
- Recent article on: Digital Credentials and ePortfolios Clarifying Pathways to the Labor Market