The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to share last year’s Eportfolio Forum resources from the amazing presentations and workshops which happened on 20-21 November 2019 at ACU Canberra.
- Recording of Keynote Speaker: Professor Tristram Hooley, Professor of Career Education and University of Derby, England. Tristram spoke about how eportfolios support career development. You can access Tristram’s presentation recording here and Tristram’s presentation slides here.
- Other presentation and workshop slides are available here – https://www.slideshare.net/eportfoliosaustralia/presentations
- Click here for the Book of Abstracts. The Book of Papers will be available shortly.
- Unfortunately we were unable to retrieve the recording of Day Two Opening Speaker – Associate Professor Denise Jackson, Director for Work-Integrated Learning at the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia. However, you can access Denise’s presentation slides on the meaning of professional identity, its importance for future employment and determining factors for higher education students here.
Please share these resources with your networks by forwarding on this blog post or via social media (use #eportforum).
Eportfolio Forum: 2020 Save the Date – 29 & 30 October – Deakin University, Melbourne
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are also pleased to announce that the 2020 Eportfolio Forum will be held at Deakin University, Melbourne on 29-30 October.
This will be the ninth Forum, and this year’s theme is: Digital Identity – Ethics and Experience
Call for proposals will open in the week beginning 9 March. Stay tune for more updates.
Please contact Allison for more information or any questions regarding the 2020 Eportfolio Forum – 0400 732 270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you using eportfolios for WIL and interested in research? Check out the 2020 ACEN Research Grants
In 2020, ACEN will once again offer funding for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) research grants .
The grants are open to academic and professional staff.
Applications are invited on topics related to one of the following themes:
– Sustainable, scalable and innovative WIL models
– WIL and global mobility
– WIL within digital and virtual learning environments
– Building learner agency and professional identity through WIL
– WIL practices supporting diverse learners
– Designing and implementing quality in WIL
– Equity of access to WIL
– Student well being and mental health in WIL
Applications close May 15, 2020. For more information go to: http://acen.edu.au/2020-research-grants/
Looking to collaborate on a grant or research project? Connect with others via the Eportfolio Community of Practice Facebook Group
Adapted from information sourced via Jodie Young
Other eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Latest edition of AAEEBL ePortfolio Review has just been released – Winter 2020 – ePortfolio and Transformation – check out the paper entitled: A Student-Centered Framework for Digital Privacy, Digital Ethics, and Digital Literacy (Gray & McGuire) – Information via a Candyce Reynolds tweet
- [Webinar] How to enhance and support student employability and graduate outcomes with ePortfolio, Myshowcase.me – 5th March at 12:30pm GMT (UK time) – For more info and to register, go to: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1RJH4wpKRCGZh5gYFIcmUg
- ePortfolios at the University of Waterloo: A Tool Supporting Student-Centred Learning – Here is a must-read story of educational trailblazing from University of Waterloo. Learn more about how the university’s shift to a student-centred learning paradigm is helping students make sense of their experiences through eportfolios – information adapted from a @pebblepad tweet
- Check out this article from GP – GP training: How to get the most from the trainee e-portfolio – this link also have links to other eportfolio articles
- Get your latest Mahara news –
Mahara newsletter January 2020 (Vol. 9, Issue 4) via Kristina Hoeppner, and/or join the Mahara User Facebook Group