The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to announce that the ninth Eportfolio Forum will be held on 29-30 October 2020 at Deakin University (Burwood campus) in Melbourne.
This year’s theme is: Digital Identity – Ethics and Experience
The Call for Proposals are now open. Proposal types include:
- Short (peer reviewed paper) presentation
- 20×20 presentation
- Digitally Interactive Poster
- Intensive workshop
- In-depth workshop
- Facilitate a professional conversation
Call for proposals will close on 18 May 2020.
For more information or to enquiry about presenting at the Forum, please contact email@example.com
Keynote presenters will be announced shortly.
Previous Eportfolio Forum resources can be found here: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/forums/previous-eportfolio-forums/
2020 Eportfolio Webinar series + Blended event > Save the dates
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are also pleased to advise the dates for the 2020 Eportfolio Webinar series – These will both have an international component as we collaborate with our northern hemisphere colleagues:
- Thursday 28 May – 9.30 am AEST – On the topic of Digital ethics – This webinar will be run in collaboration with AAEEBL
- Tuesday 11 August – 7.30 pm AEST – On the topic of Employers, employability and eportfolios – This webinar will be run in collaboration with Eportfolio Ireland
We are also lucky enough to have a blended event planned Tuesday 14 July (4.00-5.00 pm AEST) where you can attend either in person at UNSW, Sydney or via webinar. Prof Gary Velan will present MyEducation Portfolio.
More details and registrations for all of these events will open shortly.
North American Eportfolio Events
Event 1 – AAEEBL will be holding their Annual Meeting – 21-23 July 2020 at Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City Utah.
This year’s meeting is called “Doing It Right: ePortfolios and Ethics, Practices, and Technologies“.
The Call for Proposals close on 27 March – Themes include:
- the ethical foundations and implications of ePortfolios
- the design and inclusion of other high-impact pedagogies in large and small-scale ePortfolio implementations
- the interrelationships among technology, practice, and ethical considerations.
Information sourced via Patsie Polly
You may like to follow what AAEEBL are doing via their Twitter – https://twitter.com/AAEEBLconnect
Event 2 – Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) will be hosting a webinar on 17 March called – “Realizing the Full Potential of ePortfolios: Expanding Beyond a Single Department”
Information sourced via a Kristina Hoeppner retweet
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Publications by some of our eportfolio community of practice members looking at the use of ePortfolios in Midwifery
- Downer, T & Slade, C (2019). Starting Early: Using ePortfolios to Prepare First Year Midwifery Students for Professional Practice in Trimmer, K et al. (eds) Ensuring Quality in Professional Education Volume I. Palgrave Macmillan
- Gray, M, Downer, T & Capper, T (2019). Midwifery student’s perceptions of the benefits and challenges associated with the completing a portfolio of evidence for registration: A comparison between paper-based and ePortfolios. Nurse Education in Practice. 39, 37-44
- Gray, M, Downer, T & Capper, T (2020). Midwifery student’s perceptions of completing a portfolio of evidence for initial registration: a qualitative exploratory study. Nurse Education in Practice (in press)
- Information via Terri Downer
- How are you using Mahara? Share your or your institution’s story in the upcoming Mahara newsletter. Submit it until 26 March 2020 – Click here for more information. (Information via Kristina Hoeppner)
- University of Tartu, Estonia are using eportfolios in Department of Geography – Click here to see examples of their students’ eportfolios