Register no later than Monday 10 August for our last webinar for 2020 being hosted in collaboration with Eportfolio Ireland on the topic of Employers, employability and eportfolios.
- Australia: Tuesday 11 August 2020 – 7.30-8.30 pm Australian Eastern Standard time
- Ireland: Tuesday 11 August 2020 – 10.30-11.30 am Dublin time
Topics and presenters include:
Australia – Beyond the Resume – Using eportfolios for demonstrating skills and gaining employment in learning design in Australia higher education:
- Kate Mitchell
- Tom Cotton
- Dr Suneeti Rekhari
Eportfolio Ireland – Snapshots of eportfolio in practice to support employability and professional learning in Ireland:
- Lisa Donaldson
- Karen Buckley
- Orna Farrell
- Tom Farrelly
For more information and to register, go to: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/
(If you cannot attend but would like to receive the recording – please also register)
PebblePad Webinar Series: Portfolios in Professional Programs
PebblePad are facilitating a series of webinars in August exploring the use of portfolio-based learning approaches in professional programs. The webinars will focus on Midwifery, Teacher Education and Nursing.
The webinars will feature invited presenters from Australian universities who will demonstrate how an eportfolio approach is being used to support teaching, learning and authentic assessment in their programs, with particular focus on workplace-based assessment during placements. PebblePad will also facilitate discussion about some of the key issues, challenges and benefits associated with engaging with eportfolios in these programs.
While these examples will obviously be PebblePad based, PebblePad are keen to welcome educators not using PebblePad to also join the discussion.
Further information and registration is available at:
Tuesday 18 August, 13:00 – 14:30 AEST (Sydney time)
Wednesday 19 August, 13:00 – 14:30 AEST (Sydney time)
Tuesday 25 August, 13:00 – 14:30 AEST (Sydney time)
(via Alison Poot)
2020 Eportfolio Forum: Keynotes and draft program to be released soon
2020 has been a crazy year, including having to shift our annual Eportfolio Forum online.
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee have been working very hard in the background to morph this event into an excellent online experience.
We are excited to share that our two amazing Keynotes and program for 29-30 October 2020 will be released shortly based on the theme: Digital Identity – Ethics and Experience – so watch this space – https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/forums/2020-eportfolio-forum-home-page/
To enquiry about the Forum or to sponsor the 2020 Eportfolio Forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Jacqui Patten has also joined the PebblePad
Australia team – You can read Jacqui’s blog here. Jenny Masters also keeps a PebblePad blog here.
- Did you miss the Virtual Mahara Hui UK/IE? Well, guest what? The recordings are available here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLemOn0i63E-dlkQ47KlA3LYeNiZBKbsj0 (via @maharaproject)
- Share your Mahara story by sending an article for the October newsletter to email@example.com (via @maharaproject)
- Harriet Richmond – A case study exploring the implementation of ePortfolios in nursing education
- Guillermina Gavaldon – Beyond a formative assessment: ePortfolios to promote autonomous, critical and reflective students at Higher Education, a case study
- Katie Dredger – ePortfolio as a Measure of Reflective Practice
Stay connected all year round – share any eportfolio news or ask questions via the
Eportfolio Community of Practice Facebook Group