Call for Pitches – Get input from our expert Eportfolio Sharks
Are you looking for some input into:
- a new idea for using eportfolios?
- for improving your existing work with eportfolio practice? and/or
- a proposals about something completely new or different in eportfolio practice?
Well, here’s your chance at the 2021 Eportfolio Shark Tank happening on 25 May from 9.30-10.45 am AEST.
Eportfolio Shark Tank is based on the popular Shark Tank show, where ‘contestants’ will make a Shark Tank pitch to our three Sharks.
Each ‘contestant’ can either be an individual person or a small group of people.
This pitch will be a live, online 3 minute presentation, plus information provided by the contestants to be displayed on a single presentation slide.Our three expert Eportfolio Sharks, who are expert eportfolio implementers, will then provide contestants with feedback on their pitch, and provide insights on how the contestant’s idea or request can be actioned or improved.
Eportfolio Shark Tank attendees will also be invited to offer their thoughts and ideas on contestants’ pitchers.
We currently have two pitches, which you can view on the link below, and we are seeking two more for this event.
To find out more and/or to propose a ‘pitch’ go to: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/eportfolio-shark-tank/
Don’t want to pitch? Please register to be an attendee here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2021-eportfolio-shark-tank-tickets-152299659381 – Can’t attend at this time – register to get the recording.
Call for proposals close 14 June: 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended)
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee is also calling for proposals for the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended) to be held at UNSW Sydney, Kensington campus [Eora nation] and online on 20-21 October 2021.
This year’s theme is Thinking and acting differently, and it will be the 10th Eportfolio Forum – so there will be lots of reasons to celebrate and reflect back upon our previous Forumes.
We will also be operating in a blended mode by offering:
- virtual presentation submissions
- opportunities for people to attend virtually or face to face
Call for proposals will close on 14 June.
Proposal types include:
- 20×20 presentation
- Digitally interactive poster
- Intensive workshop
- In-depth workshop
- Facilitate a professional conversation
- Shortened (peer reviewed paper) presentation
Proposal sub-themes for which the Committee would like proposals to align to include:
- Being future focussed by reflecting on the past
- Learning centred learning approaches
- Quality Assessment
- Digital learning environments and eportfolios
- Diversity, inclusion, equity and employability
Those proposals not fitting into these themes should provide an explanation of how the proposal supports the overall event theme of “Thinking and acting differently”.
Not sure about presenting / facilitating in a blended environment eg (presenting / facilitating face to face & online participants at the same time)? Then check out the Call for Proposals page for some helpful hints, and we will be producing more throughout the year and providing individual support during the two days for all presenters/facilitators.
To enquire about this year’s Forum or sponsor the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 732 270.
2021 Eportfolio Forum Keynote Speakers
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee is very excited to announce our 2021 Eportfolio Forum Keynote Speakers:
- Opening Keynote Speaker: Bill Wisser, Ph.D. Director, Teaching and Learning Lab, Lecturer in Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Closing Keynote Speaker: Serge Ravet, Innovation Director, ADPIOS
Other great Eportfolios Community of Practice activities to get involved in
Here are some other great Eportfolios Community of Practice activities to get involved in:
- Shut up and eportfolio – Sacred time for your eportfolio – 9 June 2021 – 12.30-2.00 pm SYD time – Online – Facilitated by Marlene Daicopoulos, Griffith University
- 2021 Eportfolio Virtual Workshop – SAVE THE DATE – 6 July – 4.00-5.00 pm – University of Queensland and Online – Theme and faciltators TBA
- AAEEBL Annual Meeting 2021: July 20-22 – Call for proposals close on 31 May
- PebbleBash 2022 – Edinburgh, Scotland
Please share with us your eportfolio activities so we can share them with the rest of the Eportfolio Community – email@example.com
Some other great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this other great eportfolio news and resources:
- Mahara 21.04 was released on 30 April 2021 – https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8817 (Via Kristina Hoeppner)
- Mahara April Newsletter – https://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=36871 (Via Kristina Hoeppner)
- How to Create an Instructional Design Portfolio – While this article focusses on how to create an electronic portfolio for Instructional Designers, the principles are the same regardless of which industry you are in (Via Michelle Charlton)
Some eportfolio papers:
- Recognising workplace learning: the emerging practices of e-RPL and e-PR – Roslyn Cameron, 2012
- Mahara in secondary school. The introduction of an ePortfolio to foster oral skills and socialization – Lorella Giannandrea, 2012
- Improving student engagement with self-assessment through ePortfolios – John Fielke, No date