The call for proposals for the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended) to be held at UNSW Sydney, Kensington campus [Eora nation] and online on 20-21 October 2021 close on 14 June 2021.
This year’s theme is Thinking and acting differently, and it will be the 10th Eportfolio Forum – so there will be lots of reasons to celebrate and reflect back upon our previous Forumes.
We will also be operating in a blended mode by offering:
- virtual presentation submissions
- opportunities for people to attend virtually or face to face
Proposal types include:
- 20×20 presentation
- Digitally interactive poster
- Intensive workshop
- In-depth workshop
- Facilitate a professional conversation
- Shortened (peer reviewed paper) presentation
Proposal sub-themes for which the Committee would like proposals to align to include:
- Being future focussed by reflecting on the past
- Learning centred learning approaches
- Quality Assessment
- Digital learning environments and eportfolios
- Diversity, inclusion, equity and employability
Those proposals not fitting into these themes should provide an explanation of how the proposal supports the overall event theme of “Thinking and acting differently”.
Not sure about presenting / facilitating in a blended environment eg (presenting / facilitating face to face & online participants at the same time)? Then check out the Call for Proposals page for some helpful hints, and we will be producing more throughout the year and providing individual support during the two days for all presenters/facilitators.
To enquire about this year’s Forum or sponsor the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 732 270.
2021 Eportfolio Virtual Workshop – 6 July
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to announce the 2021 Eportfolio Virtual Workshop – Reflecting on how we use feedback in ePortfolios: Are we stuck in a rut? on Tuesday 6 July 2020 – 4.00-5.30 pm AEST at University of Queensland (St Lucia Campus), Brisbane + Online.In this workshop. Christine Slade and Shari Bowler from the Institute of Teaching and Learning Innovation at the University of Queensland will provide a brief overview of how eportfolios can be used to support feedback uptake and self-regulated learning. The workshop will include facilitated group discussion about feedback challenges participants are facing, and then provide space in a small group environment to think about how we might incorporate new feedback opportunities in our own practice.
Click here to register for 2021 Eportfolio Virtual Workshop – Face to face and online.
Shut up and eportfolio session (online) – 14 September 2021
Please join us for the last Shut up and eportfolio – Sacred time for your eportfolio session for 2021 on 14 September 2021 – 10.00-11.30 am SYD time being facilitated by:
- Marie (Bernie) Fisher, Australian Catholic University
- Misty Kirby, Global Learning & Teaching Education Leader
2021 Eportfolio Forum Keynote Speakers
It is important if you are advocating eportfolios for student use that you are also an eportfolio practitioner and have personal experience in setting up your own eportfolio or eportfolios for a variety of audiences and purposes, so we encourage you to register for our first Shut up and eportfolio session now.
You can find out more about these sessions here: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/shut-up-and-eportfolio/
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee is very excited to announce our 2021 Eportfolio Forum Keynote Speakers:
- Opening Keynote Speaker: Bill Wisser, Ph.D. Director, Teaching and Learning Lab, Lecturer in Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Closing Keynote Speaker: Serge Ravet, Innovation Director, ADPIOS
Some other great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this other great eportfolio news and resources:
- Macquarie University introduce eportfolios using Portfolium (via Arda Tezcan)- https://teche.mq.edu.au/2021/06/eportfolio-with-portfolium/
- From UNSW – myEducation ePortfolio: What is it and why does it matter? – https://www.inside.unsw.edu.au/academic-excellence/myeducation-eportfolio-what-it-and-why-does-it-matter
- Griffith University’s information about Blackboard Portfolios – https://app.secure.griffith.edu.au/exlnt/entry/5426/view