2021 Eportfolio Webinar Series – An eportfolio update from Europe – 26 August
We might not be able to go to Europe ourselves this year, so we thought we would bring some of the eportfolio practices and related activities happening in Europe to you via this webinar on Thursday 26 August 2021 – 7.00-8.15 pm Australian EST (Sydney time).
- Lisa Donaldson and Tom Farrelly, Eportfolio Ireland – Eportfolio Ireland – Eportfolio Insights
- Professor Simon Riley and Dr Gavin McCabe, University of Edinburgh – SLICCs – A flexible framework to deliver reflective experiential learning and assessment at scale
- Serge Ravet, Reconnaître – Open Recognition Alliance – An emerging approach to Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
Click here for more information and to register (please register if you cannot attend but you would like the resources post the webinar).
You can access the resources and recordings from past Eportfolio Webinar Series since 2014 here: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/past-events/
Resources available – 2021 Eportfolio Virtual Workshop – Reflecting on how we use feedback in ePortfolios: Are we stuck in a rut?
Resources from the Reflecting on how we use feedback in ePortfolios: Are we stuck in a rut? Eportfolio Virtual Workshop held on 6 July 2021 are available here (recording to come): https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/eportfolio-virtual-workshop/
In this workshop was run by Christine Slade and Shari Bowler from the Institute of Teaching and Learning Innovation at the University of Queensland and provided an overview of how eportfolios can be used to support feedback uptake and self-regulated learning in learners. The workshop created a collaboratively developed resource about ways you can incorporate new feedback opportunities in your own practice.
Shut up and eportfolio session (online) – 14 September 2021
Please join us for the last Shut up and eportfolio – Sacred time for your eportfolio session for 2021 on 14 September 2021 – 10.00-11.30 am SYD time being facilitated by:
- Marie (Bernie) Fisher, Australian Catholic University
- Misty Kirby, Global Learning & Teaching Education Leader
It is important if you are advocating eportfolios for student use that you are also an eportfolio practitioner and have personal experience in setting up your own eportfolio or eportfolios for a variety of audiences and purposes, so we encourage you to register for this Shut up and eportfolio session now.
You can find out more about these sessions here: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/shut-up-and-eportfolio/
Register now: 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended)
Register now for the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended) to be held at UNSW Sydney, Kensington campus [Eora nation] and online on 20-21 October 2021.
This year’s theme is Thinking and acting differently, and it will be the 10th Eportfolio Forum – so there will be lots of reasons to celebrate and reflect back upon our previous Forums.
We will also be operating in a blended mode by offering:
- people to attend / facilitate face to face, as well as,
- attend / facilitate online
The draft Program will be available shortly.
Not sure whether to register face to face or online due to current COVID-19 restrictions? All face to face registrations will be fully refunded if the Forum cannot go ahead at UNSW in October.
To enquire about this year’s Forum or sponsor the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended), please contact email@example.com or 0400 732 270.
Some other great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this other great eportfolio news and resources:
- AAEEBL’s Annual Meeting 2021: starts this week 20-22 July 2021 – Reimagining the Future of Learning: ePortfolios, Identities, Equity & Belonging
- ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science #TechLauncher students complete their e-portfolios by stealth, disguised as writing a job application. https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2021/02/learning-to-reflect-module-version-40.html (via Tom Worthington)
- The quarterly #Mahara newsletter – July 2021 edition is available at https://mahara.org/newsletter – Join the upcoming events to connect with portfolio researchers and practitioners. (via MaharaProject)
- Here is the recording link for the Ascillite Webinar about Learning Design for ePortfolios, starring Shari Bowker and Kate Coleman – https://youtu.be/Diqhj1iU7xk (via Marlene Daicopoulos)
- AAC&U Annual Forum on Open Learning and ePortfolios – Quality, Equity, Affordability, and Access:
Preparing for the Future of Higher Education and Our Democracy
19-21 January 2022 – Washington DC –
Call for Proposals close 26 July 2021
- ePortfolio: a student-centred learning space –