Join our first ‘Shut up and eportfolio’ session – 27 April
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are pleased to announce the commencement of Shut up and eportfolio – Sacred time for your eportfolio sessions for 2021:
- 27 April – 4.00-5.30 pm SYD time – facilitated by Sandra Stewart, Charles Sturt University
- 9 June 2021 – 12.30-2.00 pm SYD time – Marlene Daicopoulos, Griffith University
- Date and facilitator for September 2021 TBC
It is important if you are advocating eportfolios for student use that you are also an eportfolio practitioner and have personal experience in setting up your own eportfolio or eportfolios for a variety of audiences and purposes, so we encourage you to register for our first Shut up and eportfolio session now.
You can find out more about these sessions here: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/other-events/shut-up-and-eportfolio/
Call for proposals: 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended) – 20-21 October 2021, UNSW Sydney
The ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee are also very excited that the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended) will be held at UNSW Sydney, Kensington campus [Eora nation] and online on 20-21 October 2021.
This year’s theme is Thinking and acting differently, and it will be the 10th Eportfolio Forum – so there will be lots of reasons to celebrate and reflect back upon.
We will also be operating in a blended mode by offering:
- virtual presentation submissions
- opportunities for people to attend virtually or face to face
Call for proposals are now open, and will close on 14 June.
Proposal types include:
- 20×20 presentation
- Digitally interactive poster
- Intensive workshop
- In-depth workshop
- Facilitate a professional conversation
- Shortened (peer reviewed paper) presentation
Proposal sub-themes for which the Committee would like proposals to align to include:
- Being future focussed by reflecting on the past
- Learning centred learning approaches
- Quality Assessment
- Digital learning environments and eportfolios
- Diversity, inclusion, equity and employability
Those proposals not fitting into these themes should provide an explanation of how the proposal supports the overall event theme of “Thinking and acting differently”.
Not sure about presenting / facilitating in a blended environment eg (presenting / facilitating face to face & online participants at the same time)? Then check out the Call for Proposals page for some helpful hints, and we will be producing more throughout the year and providing individual support during the two days for all presenters/facilitators.
To enquire about this year’s Forum or sponsor the 2021 Eportfolio Forum (Blended), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 732 270.
Eportfolio Community callouts – Presenters, participants and writers
A number of eportfolio community members are seeking presenters, participants and writers:
ASCILITE Live Webinar – Call for Presenters – Eportfolios for Academic and Professional Staff to evidence their own work
- The Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE) is seeking presenters for it ASCILITE Live! Webinar series. The proposed session will emphasise the use of eportolios for both academic and professional staff to evidence their work. Given the impacts of COVID-19 and the major disruption to the higher education sector, the society is interested in obtaining perspectives from both higher education and industry regarding the elements of a successful portfolio and ways in which academic and professional staff can evidence their accomplishments. Interested presenters may contact David Bruce Porter at email@example.com or at 02 4221 5212 to express interest or to discuss further the topic and what is required.
Online Equity Conference (USA) – Call for Presenters and participants
- Peralta Community College District’s Online Equity Team will be hosting the first Online Equity Conference from April 21 to April 23, 2021. They welcome equity-minded students, educators, staff and leaders who represent colleges, universities, non-profit organizations and vendors from all around the world. Their goals are 1) to increase the visibility of all efforts to increase learning equity in higher education and 2) to bring together institutions that want to share and adopt equitable practices for all online students globally.
- REGISTRATION: Please register via our online form. Conference participation will be FREE to make it accessible for everyone. Sessions will be spread throughout the day and recorded to accommodate busy schedules and global time zones. All you need to do is sign up!
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS (Deadline: EOD 3/19/21): You may also propose a session for the conference – either a 45 min live Zoom session or 5-10 min recorded Zoom poster session. Our conference will include three types of activities to mirror the scaffolded learning process from Peralta’s Online Equity Training:
- Day 1 – LEARN – Propose a live or recorded PRESENTATION to share an equity strategy or equity initiative
- Day 2 – ANALYZE – Propose a live or asynchronous DISCUSSION about an equity topic
- Day 3 – BUILD – Propose a live WORKSHOP focused on increasing equity in our classes
- Please spread the word in your communities and networks. Feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in April!
Call for writers – Eportfolio Book Chapter
- Muhammad Mushfiqur Rahman, Assistant Professor, Department of English at Noakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh is inviting people to publish a chapter in the proposed title of the proposed book: e-Portfolio and English Language Education: Research and Practices in Tertiary Education. Details are available in this document.
- They hope your research and expertise in the said topic would be a great contribution to e-Portfolio and English Language Education.
- The deadline is flexible for you up to 25 March 2021
- Please feel free to invite/inform your colleagues and friends to also contribute
Meet another ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee Member
John McInterney has been a ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee member since 2017, and has been a strong advocate for eportfolio practice in his Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University.
To learn more about the other Organising Committee members, go to: https://eportfoliosaustralia.wordpress.com/organising-committee/
To become or to enquire about being an ePortfolios Australia Organising Committee member – please contact email@example.com or 0400 732 270.
Some other great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this other great eportfolio news and resources:
- You can read the January 2021 Mahara Newsletter here: https://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=36871
- You can submit an article for the April 2021 Mahara newsletter no later than 22 March here: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8790
- Read this article about universities using eportfolios in East Africa to enhance students’ chances of getting a job – https://www.universityworldnews.com/post.php?story=20210118035232942
Some eportfolio papers:
- The whys and why nots of ePortfolios, Shelley Kinash (2012)
- Making Connections: Developing Students’ Historical Thinking with Electronic Portfolios, Tracy Penny Light (2019)
- Winberg, C. and Pallit N. 2016. “I’m trying to practice good teaching”: reconceptualising eportfolios for professional development in vocational higher education. British Journal of Educational Technology, Christine Winberg, (2015)