The ePortfolios Australia Committee are pleased to share the bumper 2017 Eportfolio Forum (#eportforum) program.
Day One has an exciting Opening Keynote presenter, Professor Shelley Kinash, University of Southern Queensland, as well as Short Peer Reviewed Paper presentations, 20 x 20 presentations, posters and a Plenary Panel. Day One will finish with some networking.
Day Two has a thought-provoking Day Two Openinng speaker, Phil Loveder, National Centre for Vocational Education and Research (NCVER), as well as long and short workshops, plus a Ideas Exchanging Working Lunch.
Please contact Allison for more information or any questions regarding the 2017 Eportfolio Forum – 0400 732 270 or email@example.com
Contribute to some Australian eportfolio research
The Australian Eportfolio Research Group will be facilitating an Ideas Exchange Working Lunch session at 2017 Eportfolio Forum entitled “Exploring the Functions of Assessment Driven ePortfolio use in the Context of Vulnerable Communities”.
During this session they will be sharing information about their research project which recognises that eportfolio practice in some tertiary education settings involves the necessary collection of evidence of learning involving vulnerable groups. Preservice teacher education in school settings and nursing student placements in hospitals and clinics are examples. The learning undertaken is necessarily authentic, situated, documented and shared. It is recognised there may be unintended consequences involved with the collection and sharing aspects of this phenomena that need to be understood and managed.
The aims of this research are to:
1. Understand current practice across institutions and related challenges,
2. Identify intended and unintended outcomes of ePortfolio practice relating to vulnerable groups, and
3. Develop guidelines to be used by faculty and students to address unintended negative outcomes.
Join in on the conversation about this research at the 2017 Eportfolio Forum.
PebblePad User Group – Perth Meeting
Centre for University Teaching and Learning (CUTL) at Murdoch University and PebblePad will be hosting the meeting of the PebblePad Users Group Perth at Murdoch University on 10 October.
This event has been scheduled to coincide with a visit to Australia by the PebblePad CEO Shane Sutherland and two lead developers, Aaron Kenny and Brad Rushton.
Some great eportfolio news and resources
Check out this great eportfolio news and resources:
- Article in Media and Learning News “Using ePortfolios to Support Transversal Skills including Digital Literacy”: http://media-and-learning.eu/files/newsletter/Media-and-Learning-News_2017-08.pdf#ats2020
- Lots of Mahara events happening in the second half of this year, including KiwiMUG on 3 November – https://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=4269
- Mahara Users Midlands (UK): Meet-up – 27 September https://docs.google.com/document/d/17NseiE2hQT_aUc7RELnb-gTurJnfs5D2cU0FBmbXa3Q/edit
- Mahoodle Moot 2017 – Cambridge UK, 20 October one-day event is a great opportunity for users of Moodle and Mahara to network and share best practice and experiences with other learning professionals. It will feature a series of short presentations and opportunities for collaboration in groups.- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mahoodle-moot-2017-tickets-36681489322